Tuesday, May 27, 2014

DIY 4th of July Infant Dress

Every year my family has a huge 4th of July celebration.  My extended family is very close, and it is not unusual for 30 of us to get together each month for a birthday party.  The 4th of July is even bigger than our usual get togethers.

One of the highlights of the day is our annual Patriotic Food Contest.  This translates to the prettiest red, white and blue desserts.  There is always a tremendous spread and it is a very fun event.  We usually end up with some controversy, however, because someone always thinks we should take taste into account.  We never do for practical reasons (really, how could we taste 30 different desserts and rate) but everyone's competitive spirit comes out and makes for some very memorable moments.

I am super excited this year that my little girl will be big enough to dress for the occasion.  Last year she was only a few weeks old and we spent the entire day nursing, so I didn't really get to show her off the way I would have liked.  That will not be the case this year.  In anticipation of the big party, I made her this red, white and blue dress.  We are proud Oklahomans so I added an applique of our great state in the bottom border.  I can't wait to show off Sophia and her new dress...just over a month to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment